17 March, 2011

Almost healed from my wisdom tooth surgery(cheeks still a tiny bit swallon) and back to camp!

I still remember the day I had my surgery vividly! It was monday, and I took a cab to KTPH(which is a real beautiful hospital f.y.i.) alone. I was nervous a few days before coz it's surgery and so many things can go wrong.

Who knew just by removing 4 wisdom tooth, there could be nerve damage which may cause permanent numbness of mouth and a nose bone can be broken too. OK the chances are low but still, hearing these things just before surgery freaks me out.

So I arrived at 830 and by 920, I was changed into surgical clothes and ushered into the operating theatre. Alright, seriously they should make the operating theatre a happier looking place. It looks exactly like the movies! Came in and like 7 nurses were standing there waiting for me and a big screen tv that flashed my teeth x-ray. It was really traumatizing ok.

I was laid on the table and the nurse started injecting things into me. My surgery was performed under General Anesthetic which means I will be completely knocked out and asleep throughout the whole surgery. I was nervous as ever. Cause they told me I could get a 1 in 20000 chance of getting heart attack. And I've heard before people never waking up from GA, rare but possible. NOT GOOD. So, I suddenly felt really dazy, the feeling you get when you are super super drunk and just like that, I slept.

Had difficulty waking up. I keep falling in and out of sleep. But the surgery was over with no complications (thank God!). After that I swelled into a chipmunk and had my days recovering at home.

No comments: