17 October, 2008

TGIF... not!

Hey people!

why TGIF.. not? Because I am not having my weekend holidays yet! Tomorrow(a saturday)I have to still report to school at 7.30am because of bloody World Skills. Urgh. Such a bad way to start the term.

Anyway, today I had to wake up early for the 2nd day of the World Skills competition. Got ready, stepped out of my house and something caught my eye. There was a big black cloud of smoke coming from Tampines central!



As I reached Tampines interchange, there were ambulances and police cars. It confirmed my suspicion that it was a fire. Hopefully no one got cooked though.



Steve and I reached school freaking late, but before reaching the location to report(sia huat room), Mr Koh called Steve to help him. That means I had to enter the class alone! I thought I was gonna get some nagging and scolding from Mr Chairul. But, I entered and blended into the rest of the class. The teacher didn't even know I was late. Haha. Or maybe he just didn't care.. I don't know.



Did some service for World Skills. Opening the door for guests/judges/runners/cameraman/some unknown people was mostly what I had to do. An easy but tiring-on-the-arms job!



Now, my arms and legs are aching. Running up and down carrying plates and chairs for Ms Desiree have definitely contributed to it. LOL.



As I made my way home, I walked pass the burnt site of Tampines central. I joined the crowd of kay-po Singaporeans and took a picture. The image below shows what's left of one of the shops affected by the fire. And! I ordered 2 boxes of contacts lenses worth $50 from one of the shops, and it's burnt down too! DAMN! I already paid!



That shop somehow better get my contact lenses. No chance!

KRINZ.

No comments: